Taverns have served our nation for generations, standing as important community and social locations that led to independence.
- Philadelphia’s City Tavern was host to members of the First Continental Congress in 1774.
- Philadelphia’s Tun Tavern was the birthplace of the United States Marine Corps in 1775.
The Pennsylvania Licensed Beverage and Tavern Association is the statewide political voice for small business taverns and licensed restaurants. Based in Harrisburg, the Association formed after Prohibition in 1941, reorganized in 2019, and today advocates for best practices and rights within the industry as well as best experiences for patrons.
Follow us on Twitter via @TavernPA.
WHO WE ARE
The Pennsylvania Licensed Beverage and Tavern Association is a registered 501(c)6 representing small business R, H, and E licensees across the state who have voice and vote through our Board of Directors made up of peers. Our Association also accepts clubs as non-voting Members.
Our average Member employs 16 individuals and has less than 100 barstools and seats in their establishment.
SERVING OUR COMMONWEALTH
Our industry plays an important role in Pennsylvania’s local and state economy. There are approximately 8,400 small business R, H, and E licensees across the state, employing more than 100,000 Commonwealth citizens every year.
Annually those businesses contribute:
- $72,000,000 in local taxes and school taxes
- $67,300,000 in liquor taxes
- $346,000,000 for inventory from Pennsylvania State Stores
SERVING OUR COMMUNITIES
Our members continue to give back to the communities they serve, donating to the following charities & organizations:
- Uplifting Athletes
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Autism Speaks
- American Rescue Workers
- Allentown Rescue Mission
- Boy Scouts of America
- Breast Cancer Walk
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Carlisle Rotary
- Cub Scouts of America
- Cultural Alliance
- Elder Community Services Corp.
- Girl Scouts of America
- Hughesville Fire Company
- Lehigh Valley Veterans Assoc.
- LGBT Center Coalition
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- March of Dimes
- Mason Dixon Baseball Assoc.
- Mountville Youth Center
- Newspapers in Education
- Philadelphia Children’s Hospital
- Relay for Life
- The Salvation Army
- Special Olympics
- Students Against Drunk Driving
- South Central AIDS Fund
- Toys for Tots
- United Way
- Victim Assistance Center
- West Grove Public Library
- Williamsport Police Department
- YMCA of the Juniata Valley
- York Fire Department
- Plus many more!
From neighborhood taverns, bottle shops, delis and corner pubs to five-star restaurants and resorts, our licensees are an important part of our state and local communities.
The Pennsylvania Licensed Beverage and Tavern Association looks to continue building a business environment that benefits the industry and customers alike.